Inspiration can come from anywhere, but sometimes it’s closer to you than you think. Take a look at these inspiring things from everyday life. They’ll really force you to open your eyes.
1. When someone comes to the aid of someone else who needs help.
The other day, I saw a man who stopped oncoming traffic at Connaught Place to help a man without limbs cross the road. A lot of vehicles would not have seen the handicapped man, had it not been for the concerned pedestrian, who bravely put himself before the oncoming traffic, signalling to them to stop.
2. People who are able to create works of art from everyday objects and things around it.
Call it the best use of resources, but by making things from the raw materials that grow around them, or simply by building on images of everyday life to create ideas and art, these people are visionaries who use their creativity to make magic.
3. Not giving up, no matter how many times we fail.
4. The unending concept that is nature, and how it doesn’t need humans to survive.
No matter what the world becomes in the future, nature will continue to thrive.
5. People who are passionate about nurturing the next generation.
When we were kids, we often took our teachers to be our worst enemies. But what we didn’t realise is that they were not doing us a favour. They were passionate about spreading their knowledge and helping us follow our dreams.
6. Stories of travelers venturing to far off places, only reinstating the fact that the world has so much we can learn from.
7. When a car stops to let a pedestrian cross the road.
In a country with a dearth of pedestrian signals, this is truly an act of an angel for any pedestrian trying to get across a busy street.
8. People who live by the example of others
Great people once lived here on Earth. They left behind principles and disciplines that inspired many people to follow in their footsteps. It is these followers of exemplary people that are inspiring enough for us to follow.
9. An act of kindness in a sea of humanity
In today’s world, we often assume that kindness is hard to come by. But sometimes it can come up in the least expected places.
10. Going out of your way to make other people happy
Happiness is something money can’t buy. It is the byproduct of spreading happiness among others. What do we have to gain from helping others? Nothing in the materialistic sense of the world, but a sense of joy and satisfaction flows through and warms us when we spread love.
11. People who don’t let their age define what they can or cannot do.
Age is just a number, and those who believe that can do inspiring things. Some notable examples are Manohar Aich, the 102-year-old body builder, and the 107-year-old Japanese man who still runs 100 metre flat races
12. People who are able to make their passion their profession
Enter the entrepreneurs of today – who followed their dreams, left their well-paying jobs, and started businesses centering around their very own idea to break into the market. Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs have left their mark on the world with their legacies, almost becoming the stuff of legends.
13. Farmers and soldiers
Jai Jawaan Jai Kissan! These are the people who fuel our economy, and these are the people who go unnoticed, and are neglected by the government. Yet they carry on with their livelihood. It’s high time they were respected as indispensable members of society.
To err is human, to forgive is divine. Forgiveness is a rite of passage wherein a person moves on despite circumstances that hurt them. It is an act of honour and courage and just goes to show how mentally mature one can be. The act is so much better than holding a grudge!
He may be fictional, but he’s been there and done that right from our childhood. He inspired us to pick ourselves off the ground, stand up to our fears and do what is right.
16. People who multitask just that little bit extra, to do things the right way
17. People who don’t lose their cool, and always hold their own in tough situations.